- To engage students
- To have students demonstrate a deep understanding of the text type narrative by creating a multimedia presentation.
- Multimedia presentations may include; Photostory, iMovie, Animoto or other web 2.0 based application.
- Students write a narrative, demonstrating their understanding of the narrative text type. NOTE: Students must identify all of the components of a narrative.
- Students may choose to create a Stopmotion, Claymation film or multimedia presentation of their narrative, or one of the narratives from their team.
Topics – students can choose from the following:
- Beginning – students take a concrete example from a text, film or game and recreate it in their own Stop motion, Claymation film or other multimedia presentation. (see above)
- Intermediate – Students recreate a theme or scene from the film to demonstrate the importance of stories in our lives.
- Advanced – Students create their own narrative to explain a concept or tell a story.
To get started – example video clips:
Lego stop motion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntUGfrw3iIM
The robot and the butterfly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JvPopzegAI
My grateful thanks to Alecia Eggers for the creation of these wonderful resources.