Debates, lectures, monologue, interview or panel discussion.
6 tips to consider for your audience:
- I will not waste your time
- I know who you are
- I am well organised
- I know my subject
- Here is my most important point
- I am finished.
While not explicitly ‘saying’ these words – they must be indicated in your speech.
- Get into the topic quickly – everything you say must be relevant to the topic.
- Make your audience aware that you know them and their interests/problems.
- Tell the audience how your talk is organised.
- Let your audience know that you understand your topic.
- Present your most important point with a two-part signal:
- warn them you are about to make your most important point
- let them know this is the most vital point
- Signal that you are about to finish. End on a positive.
- Thoughtful question
- Amazing statistic